Routine dental examinations are an essential part of maintaining good oral health.
It involves a thorough assessment of your mouth. Here’s what you can typically expect during a routine dental examination:
- Discussion of Concerns: You’ll have the opportunity to discuss any specific concerns or issues you may be experiencing with your oral health, such as tooth pain, sensitivity, or changes in your gums or teeth.
- Visual Examination: The dentist will perform a visual examination of your mouth, including your teeth, gums, tongue, lips, and the inside of your cheeks. They will look for signs of oral health problems such as cavities, gum disease, oral cancer, or other abnormalities.
- X-rays (if necessary): Depending on your individual needs and the frequency of your check-ups, your dentist may recommend dental X-rays. These can provide a more detailed view of your teeth and jawbone, helping to detect issues that may not be visible during the visual examination.
- Gum Evaluation: The dentist or dental hygienist will check the health of your gums, assessing for signs of gum disease, such as redness, swelling, bleeding, or pockets between the teeth and gums.
- Oral Hygiene Evaluation: Your oral hygiene practices will be evaluated. The dentist or hygienist may offer guidance on brushing and flossing techniques if needed and discuss the importance of maintaining good oral hygiene at home.
- Treatment Plan: Based on the findings from the examination and any X-rays taken, the dentist will develop a personalised treatment plan if any dental issues are detected. This plan may include recommendations for further dental procedures or treatments.
- Preventative Measures: Your dentist may provide recommendations for preventive measures, such as fluoride treatments or dental sealants, to help protect your teeth from future problems.
FOR MORE INFORMATION REGARDING THIS TREATMENTBACK TO General Dentistry
GET IN TOUCH
“Highly recommend! I am so glad I found Priyesh Lad Aesthetics at Leamington Road Dental. I was looking for an aesthetics practitioner after my regular...”
“I am at the start of a journey with this practice to straighten and improve the look of my teeth. Already, after just a couple of visits and consultat...”
“Along with many people, I have a dread with a capital D of both needles and dentists. This week, I needed to have work done, including a tooth removal...”
“Leamington Road Dental Practice offers a service like no other I have experienced at a Dentist. As a new patient with some deep-set phobias, I was ext...”
“Wow, what a fab practice! As soon as I walked through the door, there were the lovely reception staff who were just fab with my little boy. Priyesh wa...”
“I highly recommend it! I had a fixed brace and composite bonding on the edges of my teeth, and I’m absolutely chuffed to bits with the transformatio...”