Composite bonding, also known as dental bonding, is a cosmetic dental procedure that involves the application of a tooth-coloured composite material to repair or enhance the aesthetics of a tooth. It’s a non-invasive and cost-effective way to address various dental issues.
We understand the significance of a flawless smile.
Composite bonding is a versatile and minimally invasive cosmetic dental procedure that can enhance the appearance of your teeth and boost your confidence. Our skilled team of dentists is dedicated to providing you with the highest quality composite bonding treatment, ensuring you achieve a stunning and natural-looking smile.
The Composite Bonding Procedure
The process of composite bonding typically involves the following steps:
- Consultation: During your initial visit, our skilled dentists will assess your oral health, discuss your specific concerns and goals, and create a personalised bonding treatment plan.
- Shade Matching: We’ll select a composite resin that matches the shade of your natural teeth for a seamless blend. Sometimes, teeth whitening is required to achieve the desired shade.
- Preparation: Minimal preparation of the tooth’s surface may be required. This may be with a sandblaster. Anaesthesia is generally not necessary unless the bonding is used to fill a cavity.
- Bonding: The composite resin is applied and carefully shaped to the tooth. It is then hardened using a special light.
- Finishing: The bonded tooth is finely shaped and polished to ensure a natural look and a smooth texture.
Benefits of Composite Bonding
- Minimal to no tooth enamel removal.
- Quick and non-invasive procedure.
- Natural appearance and aesthetic improvement.
- Versatile treatment addressing various dental issues.
- Increased confidence and self-esteem.
Aftercare and Maintenance**
Maintaining good oral hygiene practices, including regular brushing, flossing, and dental check-ups, is essential to preserve the results of your composite bonding. While the composite material is stain-resistant, avoiding staining foods and beverages can help keep your smile looking its best.
We recommend getting composite polishing every 12 months to keep your teeth looking fresh.
1. What Is Composite Bonding?
2. When Is Composite Bonding Needed?
Composite bonding may be recommended in various situations, including:
- Tooth Repair: It can be used to repair chipped, cracked, or broken teeth, restoring their natural appearance and function.
- Tooth Restoration: Composite bonding can restore teeth affected by decay or damage, creating a natural-looking and durable solution.
- Gaps and Spaces: It can close gaps or spaces between teeth, providing a more uniform and aesthetically pleasing smile.
- Discoloration: Stained or discoloured teeth can be improved through bonding, creating a brighter and more attractive smile.
- Cosmetic Enhancement: For cosmetic purposes, composite bonding can reshape and refine the appearance of teeth, making them more symmetrical and visually appealing.
FOR MORE INFORMATION REGARDING THIS TREATMENTBACK TO Cosmetic Dentistry
GET IN TOUCH
“Highly recommend! I am so glad I found Priyesh Lad Aesthetics at Leamington Road Dental. I was looking for an aesthetics practitioner after my regular...”
“I am at the start of a journey with this practice to straighten and improve the look of my teeth. Already, after just a couple of visits and consultat...”
“Along with many people, I have a dread with a capital D of both needles and dentists. This week, I needed to have work done, including a tooth removal...”
“Leamington Road Dental Practice offers a service like no other I have experienced at a Dentist. As a new patient with some deep-set phobias, I was ext...”
“Wow, what a fab practice! As soon as I walked through the door, there were the lovely reception staff who were just fab with my little boy. Priyesh wa...”
“I highly recommend it! I had a fixed brace and composite bonding on the edges of my teeth, and I’m absolutely chuffed to bits with the transformatio...”