Periodontal disease, commonly referred to as gum disease, is an inflammatory condition affecting the gums and, if left untreated, can lead to more severe complications. It ranges from gingivitis (mild inflammation) to periodontitis (advanced gum disease), and it is a prevalent oral health issue.
We understand the importance of healthy gums as the foundation of a beautiful smile.
Periodontal treatment is a vital aspect of our comprehensive dental care, focusing on the prevention, diagnosis, and management of gum diseases. Our professional team of dentists are dedicated to providing you with the highest quality periodontal care, ensuring your oral health and the longevity of your smile.
We offer a range of periodontal treatments to address various stages of gum disease, including:
- Scaling and Root Planing: This non-surgical procedure involves deep cleaning of the teeth and root surfaces to remove plaque and tartar buildup.
- Pocket Reduction Surgery: For more advanced cases, surgical intervention may be necessary to reduce the depth of periodontal pockets and remove diseased tissue.
- Crown Lengthening: Designed to expose more of a tooth’s surface by removing excess gum or tissue or, in some cases, bone. It can be performed for both function and cosmetic reasons, enhancing the appearance and health of your smile.
- Maintenance and Education: Our team provides guidance on proper oral hygiene and maintenance to prevent gum disease from recurring.
The Periodontal Treatment Process
The process of periodontal treatment typically involves the following steps:
- Consultation: Our skilled dentists will assess your oral health, perform a comprehensive evaluation, and discuss your specific needs and concerns.
- Diagnosis: Based on your assessment, a diagnosis will be made, and a personalised treatment plan will be created.
- Treatment: The appropriate periodontal treatment will be administered, often in one or more sessions, depending on the severity of your condition.
- Follow-up and Maintenance: Periodontal health requires ongoing care and maintenance, including regular check-ups and cleanings.
Benefits of Periodontal Treatment
- Prevention of tooth loss and gum tissue damage.
- Restoration of healthy gums and oral health.
- Improved bad breath and overall oral hygiene.
- Enhanced smile aesthetics and self-confidence.
- Reduction of the risk of systemic health issues associated with gum disease.
Aftercare and Maintenance
Following periodontal treatment, maintaining excellent oral hygiene practices, including regular brushing, flossing, and dental check-ups, is essential to prevent the recurrence of gum disease. Our team will provide guidance on a personalised aftercare plan to maintain your periodontal health.
1. What Is Periodontal Disease?
2. When Is Periodontal Treatment Necessary?
Periodontal treatment may be necessary in various situations, including:
- Gingivitis: If you experience bleeding gums, redness, and swelling, it’s crucial to seek treatment early to prevent the progression of gum disease.
- Periodontitis: In more advanced stages of gum disease, treatment is necessary to prevent the loss of gum tissue and teeth.
- Loose Teeth: If your teeth are becoming loose or shifting, this is often a sign of advanced periodontal disease.
- Persistent Bad Breath: Chronic bad breath, known as halitosis, is a common symptom of gum disease.
- Excessive Gum Recession: Receding gums can expose the tooth roots, leading to tooth sensitivity and further complications.
FOR MORE INFORMATION REGARDING THIS TREATMENTBACK TO General Dentistry
GET IN TOUCH
“Highly recommend! I am so glad I found Priyesh Lad Aesthetics at Leamington Road Dental. I was looking for an aesthetics practitioner after my regular...”
“I am at the start of a journey with this practice to straighten and improve the look of my teeth. Already, after just a couple of visits and consultat...”
“Along with many people, I have a dread with a capital D of both needles and dentists. This week, I needed to have work done, including a tooth removal...”
“Leamington Road Dental Practice offers a service like no other I have experienced at a Dentist. As a new patient with some deep-set phobias, I was ext...”
“Wow, what a fab practice! As soon as I walked through the door, there were the lovely reception staff who were just fab with my little boy. Priyesh wa...”
“I highly recommend it! I had a fixed brace and composite bonding on the edges of my teeth, and I’m absolutely chuffed to bits with the transformatio...”