At Leamington Road Dental Practice, we understand the importance of a confident, radiant smile.
If you’re missing teeth and looking for a permanent solution that will restore your smile and your self-esteem, dental implants might be the answer you’ve been seeking.
What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are the gold standard in tooth replacement. They are titanium posts that are surgically implanted into your jawbone, serving as artificial tooth roots. These posts provide a sturdy foundation for replacement teeth, which can be crowns, bridges, or dentures, depending on your unique needs.
Why Choose Dental Implants?
There are several compelling reasons to choose dental implants:
- Natural Look and Feel: Dental implants look, feel, and function like natural teeth. They blend seamlessly with your existing teeth, giving you a stunning, natural smile.
- Longevity: Dental implants are a long-lasting solution. With proper care, they can potentially last a lifetime.
- Preserve Jawbone: Implants stimulate the jawbone, preventing bone loss and maintaining the integrity of your facial structure.
- Improved Oral Health: Unlike traditional dentures, dental implants don’t require altering nearby teeth for support. This preserves your natural teeth and oral health.
- Enhanced Confidence: Dental implants provide the confidence to eat, speak, and smile without worrying about slipping or discomfort.
Our Commitment to Excellence
Our skilled team of dental professionals is dedicated to providing the highest quality of care and service. We use state-of-the-art technology and materials to ensure the success of your dental implant procedure. We’ll work closely with you to create a personalised treatment plan that meets your unique needs and budget.
- Allows you to eat comfortably.
- Increases self-confidence.
- Preserves the health of surrounding bone and gums.
- Replaces missing teeth.
- Helps keep adjacent teeth stable.
Types of Implants
- Single Tooth Implants: For replacing a single missing tooth.
- Implant-Supported Bridges: Ideal for replacing multiple adjacent missing teeth.
- Implant-Supported Dentures: A secure and comfortable alternative to traditional dentures.
- All-on-4 and All-on-6 Implants: These innovative techniques provide a full arch of teeth using just a few implants.
- Bone Grafts and Atrial Lifts: Sometimes required when there is insufficient bone density or volume. It can be a vital procedure to prepare the foundation for dental implant placement.
1. What are dental implants?
2. Who is a candidate for dental implants?
Most individuals with good oral and general health can be candidates for dental implants. However, a comprehensive evaluation is necessary to determine suitability. Factors such as bone density and gum health play a significant role.
3. Are dental implants better than other tooth replacement options?
Dental implants are often considered the best option for tooth replacement because they provide a stable, permanent solution that closely mimics natural teeth. They don’t require altering adjacent teeth, and they promote bone health.
4. What is the procedure for getting dental implants?
The procedure involves several stages, including consultation, implant placement surgery, healing period, and attachment of the replacement tooth. The process may vary based on individual needs and the type of implant.
5. Does the implant procedure hurt?
Most patients report minimal discomfort during and after the procedure. Local anaesthesia is used to numb the area, and any post-operative discomfort is usually manageable with over-the-counter pain medication.
6. How long do dental implants last?
With proper care, dental implants can last a lifetime. They are incredibly durable and resistant to decay. Regular dental check-ups and good oral hygiene practices are essential for their longevity.
7. Can smokers get dental implants?
Smokers may be eligible for dental implants, but they have a higher risk of complications and implant failure. It’s recommended to quit smoking or at least reduce smoking significantly before the procedure.
8. Are there any age restrictions for dental implants?
There is no upper age limit for dental implants. As long as a patient is healthy and has enough bone to support the implants, age is not a barrier.
9. How much do dental implants cost?
The cost of dental implants varies depending on factors such as the number of implants needed and the type of restoration. We offer a consultation to assess your specific needs and provide a detailed cost estimate.
10. Is there a recovery period after implant surgery?
Yes, there is a healing period after implant surgery, usually lasting several months. During this time, the implants fuse with the bone. You’ll be provided with post-operative care instructions to ensure a smooth recovery.
11. Can dental implants be used to replace multiple missing teeth or full arches of teeth?
12. Do dental implants require special care?
Dental implants don’t require any special care. Regular oral hygiene practices, including brushing, flossing, and routine dental check-ups, are sufficient to maintain the health of your implants.
13. What are the advantages of dental implants over traditional dentures?
Dental implants provide better stability, comfort, and functionality compared to traditional dentures. They eliminate issues like slipping, discomfort, and dietary restrictions.
14. How soon can I eat and speak normally after getting dental implants?
While there is a healing period, many patients can eat and speak relatively normally shortly after the implant procedure. Your dentist will provide guidelines based on your specific case.
FOR MORE INFORMATION REGARDING THIS TREATMENTBACK TO General Dentistry
GET IN TOUCH
“Highly recommend! I am so glad I found Priyesh Lad Aesthetics at Leamington Road Dental. I was looking for an aesthetics practitioner after my regular...”
“I am at the start of a journey with this practice to straighten and improve the look of my teeth. Already, after just a couple of visits and consultat...”
“Along with many people, I have a dread with a capital D of both needles and dentists. This week, I needed to have work done, including a tooth removal...”
“Leamington Road Dental Practice offers a service like no other I have experienced at a Dentist. As a new patient with some deep-set phobias, I was ext...”
“Wow, what a fab practice! As soon as I walked through the door, there were the lovely reception staff who were just fab with my little boy. Priyesh wa...”
“I highly recommend it! I had a fixed brace and composite bonding on the edges of my teeth, and I’m absolutely chuffed to bits with the transformatio...”